NPC No 2002/014128/08, NPO No 057-038, PBO No 930003191
A CLASSICAL CONTEMPORARY BALLET COMPANY
Under the Directorship of Amy Gould was started in 1993 to create original choreography, develop new audiences and create work opportunities for dancers and the allied art forms.
– Is dedicated to bringing BALLET to rural and under privileged communities
– Creates original and contemporary choreography
Their objectives were and are:
- To create original chorographic works of our time and place in society;
- To take ballet to communities that have very little knowledge of the art;
- To create new audiences;
- To encourage, support and train the youth from the rural communities and;
- By so doing to generate work for themselves and the allied art forms.
- Dance Crew has developed a vast body of original work choreographed by Amy Gould
- We started a ‘Learning Through Dance’ program in the Eastern Cape working with school teachers and people from various community outreach programs. This continues locally and in different formats.
- Original music for our productions is commissioned and has been for many years.
- DVDs and Cds of music are available.
- has performed and provided workshops in Greece, Mthata , Grahamstown Arts Festival, Piketberg, Tulbach, Saron, Hermanus, Franschhoek, the Spier Festival Stellenbosch, Maynardville Open Air Theatre Wynberg, in numerous rural schools in the Western and Eastern Cape and in various venues around Cape Town
- Teachers trained in the school and company are currently teaching in Piketberg, Saron, Tulbagh, Athlone, Retreat, Heathfield and Grassy Park as well as in the main school in Tokai.
- A limited number of bursaries for those in need who have talent and a strong work ethic have been established.
- Dance Crew created an online Arts & Culture Magazine to give practitioners in the field a voice and for those interested to use the magazine to promote and market their work.
WHAT WE DO
- Workshops and performances
- Mentoring and Training programmes in outlying areas (eg Piketberg, Tulbach, Stellenbosch, Mthata in the Eastern Cape)
- Training of dancers including rural/underprivileged areas
- Performances at our venue Theatre On-Main in Tokai and performances in country areas
- Daily training for all ages at our premises in Tokai
- Provide bursaries for talented and hardworking young people
DANCE CREW BOARD
Amy Gould (F.I.S.T.D) is the principal and owner of the ballet school and its’ premises:
Served a three year term as a commissioner on Arts and Culture for the Western Cape Provincial Government (2005 – 2008):
Received the Provincial Arts and Culture Ministerial Award for her services to dance 2007
Merle Kotze Couturier Designer and Hair Stylist
Janine Titus Lombard A.I.S.T.D(General Quality Control)
Tanya de Villiers BArch, Chairman of Management Board
and Additional Members of Management Board
Roshlyn Abrahams A.I.S.T.D (Rural Development)
Leanne Feris (Marketing)
Eric Warner CA(SA) Accountant
Quintin Honey of Kenneth White, Van der Meulen & Co Chartered Accountants CA (SA)
Tanya and Leanne in `The Organ’ from our production of `Musical Instruments”
Tanya painting the Indegenous Sleeping Beauty Backdrop for our 2012 production